To apply for this position please submit your resume to email@example.com. These job descriptions and the duties outlined therein are not meant to be all-inclusive and can be changed and/or altered at the verbal or written discretion of management.
If you have any questions, contact Taffy Hunter, Director of Human Resources at (757) 965-6117.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt (Hourly)
About the United Jewish Federation of Tidewater
The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater (UJFT) provides critical funding to Jewish agencies, institutions, and programs locally and around the world through our Annual Campaign. With the support of donors and volunteers, the Federation builds and fosters a vibrant and engaging Jewish community. Through its beneficiary agencies, the Federation provides support for Jews in need wherever that need may be, Jewish education for children, teens, and adults, care for Jewish elderly and those with special needs, and support for Israel.
The Donor Engagement Associate (DEA) will support the development and administrative efforts of Director of Donor Engagement, whose goal is to maximize financial resources for the organization while broadening the donor base. In this crucial “inside sales” role, the DEA is responsible for developing, streamlining, and enhancing the internal processes by which new donors are identified, targeted, engaged, solicited, and stewarded. This donor pool includes individuals, businesses, and foundations with an interest in or affinity for: the JCC’s Patron of the Arts programs; the Federation’s Society of Professionals (networking) Affinity group; Individual and Corporate sponsors; Giving Circles, and other program areas that employ specific outreach efforts. As a valued member of the Development Team, the DEA will have a small portfolio of donors to solicit and steward and will be part of the Development Team’s “all hands on-deck” programs and activities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, streamline, and enhance an operational protocol for ensuring that donor prospects are tracked throughout the engagement process.
- Ensure that appropriate forms and paperwork are completed and submitted for data entry.
- Learn database software programs to take the lead and/or act as back-up for current data entry specialist and to be able to generate reports, acknowledgements, and other correspondence, as required.
- Work with interdepartmental colleagues, to ensure a balanced and workable calendar of donor engagement opportunities.
- Work with development colleagues and colleagues from other agencies, to identify prospects and opportunities for increased donor engagement.
- Assist with grant research, writing, reporting requirements, and deadlines.
- Assist with the planning and execution of Outreach events and programs, as directed.
- Assist with budget development and tracking based on fiscal year projections.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years of experience donor engagement or non-profit administration preferred.
- Experience with Databases, Microsoft Office Suite, Jot Forms, Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to support donor stewardship strategies, grant writing, and organization-wide marketing efforts.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with multiple “customers” including colleagues, department heads, volunteer leaders, donors, colleagues and others.
- Ability to handle extremely confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Some knowledge of Jewish community, customs, and traditions.
- Associate Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Administrative experience preferred.
- Development experience preferred.
Occasional lifting, bending, reaching, and/or the ability to lift up to 25 pounds Some travel, evenings and weekends work schedule, when needed.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
UJFT Human Resource Director (Confidential)
5000 Corporate Woods Drive, Ste., 200
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23462
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.