To apply for this position please submit your resume to email@example.com. These job descriptions and the duties outlined therein are not meant to be all-inclusive and can be changed and/or altered at the verbal or written discretion of management.
If you have any questions, contact Taffy Hunter, Director of Human Resources at (757) 965-6117.
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Status: Full Time, Exempt (40 hours per week)
The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater a local non-profit agency located in Virginia Beach seeks a qualified Administrative Associate to support our extremely busy events driven Programs Department. Under the direction of the Chief Program Officer, this position has an essential role in the department’s functioning as it supports the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC), Arts + Ideas, Leon Family Art Gallery, Seniors Programs, Jewish Innovation, and BeAR programs. This critical position requires an individual with strong communication skills, accustom to a fast pace work environment, a problemsolver, and who likes to work as part of a team.
About the United Jewish Federation of Tidewater
The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater (UJFT) located in Virginia Beach, Virginia provides critical funding to Jewish agencies, institutions, and programs locally and around the world through our Annual Campaign. With the support of donors and volunteers, the Federation builds and fosters a vibrant and engaging Jewish community. Through its beneficiary agencies, the Federation provides support for Jews in need wherever that need may be, Jewish education for children, teens, and adults, care for Jewish elderly and those with special needs, and support for Israel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Database maintenance of program information, and mass phone, mailing and emailing functions
- Book, Oversee and/or prepare room set-ups for all meetings; including (catering, as required), all meeting items/packets and publications for distribution at meetings
- Assist Directors in event management for events, activities, programs, coordinating volunteers, speaker visit logistics including making travel arrangements, and attendees
- Collaborate with other staff members and community partners on related projects
- Work with Marketing on social media outreach to the community
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative experience, civic and community engagement, non-profit, public affairs or related fields
- Proven proficiency in the advanced use of MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher.
- Excellent interpersonal, research, written, verbal communication and proofreading skills
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with diverse volunteers and colleagues
- Familiarity with social media platforms in order to use these tools to disseminate information and messaging
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize; take initiative; must be detail oriented
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, or other related and appropriate field, preferred.
- General research skills including print and internet-based.
To Apply For This Position: Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications and resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.