To apply for this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. These job descriptions and the duties outlined therein are not meant to be all-inclusive and can be changed and/or altered at the verbal or written discretion of management.
If you have any questions, contact Taffy Hunter, Director of Human Resources at (757) 965-6117.
POSITION FILL DATE: Immediately
REPORTS TO: Editor
CLASSIFICATION: Contract Consultant
Under the direction of the Editor of the Jewish News, the Advertising Sales Account Consultant is responsible for prospecting and securing ad sales for Jewish News publications, including newspapers, magazines and special publication journals; pitches benefits of advertising to client, negotiates prices based on UJFT offers/promotions and explains client needs to copywriter.
Consultant is instrumental in helping the sales team reach its revenue target with the selling of advertising space and promotion of the benefits that advertising brings to product and services.
Consultant develops sales leads, maintains present client list and secures new clients by correspondence, telephone sales and site presentations.
The compensation package for this position is based on a contractual draw against commissions. Payment will be made to the Consultant by the middle of each month.
- Sell ads for publications.
- Perform cold calling to get the attention of possible clients.
- Read scripts.
- Visit businesses to inquire about advertising sales.
- Sell ad space or time.
- Present different options to client, including images, designs, and font sizes.
- Build relationships with clients.
- Understand the needs of each client.
- Know all advertising options.
- Keep abreast of changes within the publication's demographics.
- Use statistics in sales pitch.
- Perform extensive research on clients and competitors.
- Convey ad changes and discrepancies to copywriter.
- Perform research on trend analysis.
- Generate revenue for print products to include run-of-book print ads and print advertising inserts.
- Focus on growing existing accounts and acquiring new clients.
- Conduct meetings.
- Make sales presentations.
- Sell general or direct response print ads to a weekly or monthly publication.
- Generate and describe creative, results-focused marketing concepts to a diverse client base.
- Sell air time on television and radio programs.
- Handle incoming inquiries to buy ad space.
- Book sales appointments.
- Walk door-to-door and solicit business.
- Present sample ads to the client.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of demonstrated sales experience (print and marketing.
- Prefer experience in a service industry.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to influence customers.
- Team player who is motivated, enthusiastic, and interacts well with people
- Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Sources clients and generates leads by telemarketing, and networking with current customers.
- Builds relationships with key customers in the corporate market.
- Identifies customer needs and uses in-depth product knowledge to prepare proposals.
- Convincingly presents the benefits of Jewish News advertising space customers/prospects.
- Provides prompt responses to client inquires, concerns and issues
- Services existing accounts and handles some administrative duties.
- Direct service responsibility in his/her area of expertise as assigned by the Editor.