About the United Jewish Federation of Tidewater/Simon Family JCC
The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater (UJFT)/Simon Family JCC is a leading nonprofit which, with the support of donors and volunteers, builds and fosters a vibrant Jewish community. The organization not only provides critical funding to Jewish organizations, institutions, and programs, locally and around the world, but also provides a wide array programming to both our Jewish and broader Hampton Roads communities.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the development and implementation of the organization’s human resources strategy, policies, and practices to support the mission and goals of the UJFT/Simon Family JCC, as well as the Tidewater Jewish Foundation and the UJFT Community Campus, LLC., (aka, Sandler Family Campus). Reporting directly to the EVP/CEO, this position will oversee all aspects of human resources, including recruitment and hiring, employee relations, compensation and benefits, performance management, and compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Lead the HR team to ensure effective and efficient HR operations.
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to identify staffing needs, develop job descriptions, and create effective recruitment strategies to attract top talent.
- Develop and lead recruitment efforts and oversee the onboarding process to ensure new employees have a successful start including orientation to agency mission, staff structure, essential practices, and protocols.
- Handle employee grievances, conflicts, and accommodation requests to ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement effective performance management processes that support a culture of continuous improvement and high performance.
- Stay up to date on federal, state, and local employment laws, regulations, and compliance requirements and ensure that the organization is adhering to all employment laws.
- Ensure that the organization’s employee handbook is up to date and that all employees are aware of the policies and procedures.
- Stay informed of payroll rules and regulations and ensure that payroll is processed accurately and timely.
- Attend conferences, webinars, and other training opportunities to remain current with employment law changes and developments.
- Develop and administer employee benefit programs to ensure they support the agency objectives, meet employees’ needs and are competitive, cost effective, and in compliance, serve as the primary point of contact for all employee benefit providers, and conduct open enrollment with staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field from an accredited university or college: Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in human resources, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Strong understanding of employment laws and compensation and benefits practices
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective HR policies and programs that align with the organization’s goals and values.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate HR-related information to non-HR stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership and management skills with experience leading and developing a high performing team.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and demonstrated ability to build and maintain inclusive work environments.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, customs, practices, and history is helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Other duties as assigned.
The duties outlined in this job description are to be representative, but not all-inclusive, assigned to this job. These duties may be amended at the discretion of the EVP/CEO.
Qualified candidates may inquire and apply by submitting cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Position Start Date: April 1, 2024
Review of applications and resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is fill.