To apply for this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. These job descriptions and the duties outlined therein are not meant to be all-inclusive and can be changed and/or altered at the verbal or written discretion of management.
If you have any questions, contact Taffy Hunter, Director of Human Resources at (757) 965-6117.
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
The Marketing Associate is responsible for creation and delivery of design elements and content for various departments at the Simon Family JCC and United Jewish Federation of Tidewater. We seek an energetic candidate, passionate and experienced with technology to marry the written word with design to reach our responsive audience in an efficient manner. This associate-level role is responsible for creative materials used across multiple channels, including social media, email, internal communications, public relations, media, and marketing collateral materials for all UJFT/JCC divisions and programs, as well as contracted affiliate organizations.
About the United Jewish Federation of Tidewater
The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater (UJFT) located in Virginia Beach, Virginia provides critical funding to Jewish agencies, institutions, and programs locally and around the world through our Annual Campaign. With the support of donors and volunteers, the Federation builds and fosters a vibrant and engaging Jewish community. Through its beneficiary agencies, the Federation provides support for Jews in need wherever that need may be, Jewish education for children, teens, and adults, care for Jewish elderly and those with special needs, and support for Israel.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Federation colleagues under the guidance of the Director of Marketing to produce large and small-scale campaigns and events to engage key donors, stakeholders, and community members.
- Integrate Federation messaging and branding across print and online marketing materials.
- Write and edit a variety of materials, including but not limited to advertising, signage, greeting cards, postcards, invitations, email, newsletters, and more.
- Oversee the production of collateral materials, including postcards, signage, posters, greeting cards, apparel, etc.
- Manage vendors and timelines for multiple projects concurrently.
- Work closely with vendors and designers to confirm specs, estimates, and production timelines for collateral materials and swag items.
- Assist at events to handle marketing needs (signage placement, audio/visual requirements) and/or as needed (registration, set-up/break-down). Events may occur in the evening or on weekends.
- Assist fellow team members with projects as needed.
- Coordinate with colleagues in adjacent departments (Programming, Campaigns, etc) to identify and curate relevant messaging and multimedia content from external and internal sources for use in marketing collateral.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, visual arts, design or related field from an accredited college or university.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- 2 years of marketing project experience, preferably in a marketing, public relations/communications, and/or advertising environment
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, writing/public relations or related
- Demonstrable excellence in written and verbal communication skills (both written and oral) with proficiency in English grammar and usage
- Working knowledge of design and graphics
- Proactive, efficient, and able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously, and to negotiate priorities and manage budgets.
- Strong people skills, able to get along with and work well with diverse personalities
- Knowledge and appreciation for the Jewish heritage, values, traditions and culture is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of creative and production processes
- Proven ability to oversee projects from concept through layout, finished art and production phases to completion
- Experience with web applications including project management software and email management software; the ability to manage digital ad campaigns and/or assess analytics a bonus.
The duties outlined in this job description are to be representative, but not all-inclusive, assigned to this job. These duties may be amended at the discretion of the Director of Marketing or EVP/CEO.
To Apply For This Position
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.