The Member Experience Director leads a customer-focused team to deliver premier service and ensure a seamless experience to community members at the Reba & Sam Sandler Family Campus of the Tidewater Jewish Community. The Director is directly responsible for Simon Family JCC membership recruitment and retention, working collaboratively with the UJFT/JCC senior management team and all departments of the organization including, but not limited to, wellness, athletics, arts + ideas, jewish innovation and all programming for children, teens, families and adults. The Director coordinates information flow to promote membership and customer service and is responsible for implementing and evaluating membership strategies that best meet the mission of the UJFT/Simon Family JCC.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for Simon Family JCC membership sales, renewals and prospect follow-up.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Marketing, and other appropriate management staff, to effectively promote UJFT/JCC programs both at the Sandler Family Campus and in the community.
- Directly supervises member experience staff and daily operations at the front desk.
- Oversees the membership information system, in coordination with appropriate UJFT/JCC and and Sandler Family Campus management staff.
- Works collaboratively with Finance Department on membership billing, budgeting and monitoring/reporting of membership data and other appropriate statistical/financial tracking and reporting.
- Coordinates program registration at the customer service desk, including logistics to support phone, walk-in or online registration.
- Evaluates and updates member experience procedures, ensures appropriate communication and training of staff and monitors implementation of procedures to promote an optimal experience for members and potential members.
- Monitors Silver Sneakers and other insurance-based programs to ensure accurate membership statistics, maximum swipes, and appropriate programming. Submits monthly usage reports for payment.
- Handle all customer service issues and concerns, while facilitating communication with all departments
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years of management/supervisory experience with proven sales, marketing & customer service background required
Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- Strong customer focus, both internally and externally and the ability to foster this attitude and skill in others
- Excellent communication skills for a variety of audiences, while maintaining a positive business acumen and professional demeanor
- Strong supervisory skills, and customer service background with ability to train others in customer service
- Ability to build strong partnerships in an environment of collaboration, both internally and externally
- Ability to develop and sustain a team approach to program and service development
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and database applications
- Strong understanding, appreciation, knowledge of Jewish culture, heritage and traditions, incorporated in the mission and values of the JCC
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Willingness to perform other related duties as needed, required or assigned
The duties outlined in this job description are meant to be representative, but not all-inclusive, assigned to this job. These duties may be amended at the discretion of the Executive Vice President/CEO.
Qualified candidates may inquire and apply by submitting cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications and resumes will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.